Whilst perusing the web I discovered an interesting article…
‘5 Reasons Baking Is Good For Mental Health’ – from our friends at http://www.Goodnet.org
… some quips from the Goodnet article:
Any activity which takes your whole attention – especially if it’s simple and repetitive – can have a calming, meditative quality.
The feel of the flour, the sound of the blender, and of course the smell of the delectable final product – all these experiences stimulate the senses, which in turn increases feel-good endorphins.
Psychologists have found a strong connection between creative expression and overall well being…
Read the entire article at:
…then if you don’t rush off to your kitchen to fire up your oven… You can do your part to help keep us at Favorite Sister Bakery healthy…
->> contact Favorite Sister Bakery for some cookies and/or cupcakes !!
You Really Can’t Be Sad When Holding A Cupcake… It’s True !!!
I created this neat little slogan atop my own cupcake picture with the help of this cool website- give it a try- And Have A Cupcake Today !!!
(preferably a cupcake from Favorite Sister Bakery) ;- )
Cupcakes have been around since the late 1700’s. The first mention of the cupcake can be traced as far back as 1796, when a recipe notation of “a cake to be baked in small cups” was written in American Cookery by Amelia Simms.
- Cupcakes were actually originally called “Number Cakes” or “1234 Cakes” because it was an easy way to remember portions…One cup of butter, two cups of sugar, three cups of flour, four eggs, one cup of milk, and one spoonful of soda.
- Original cupcake recipes were not frosted, and usually were usually just flavored with spices or dried fruit.
These and more Fun Facts about Cupcakes can be found at:
Now that you’re craving Cupcakes…
Contact Favorite Sister Bakery and Order Cupcakes for your Next Gathering…
… As if we REALLY need a reason… EVER… for a cupcake!! 😉
Here are our Top 5 Reasons To Give Someone A Cupcake (or a Dozen):
- To say “Thank You“- for doing that little something that person always does but never gets acknowledged for it. (the gal at the office who always makes that pot of coffee in the morning for the staff, even though she doesn’t drink it? )
- To say “I Hope You’re Having A Better Day Today” – for that guy who was late to the office yesterday because he was in a fender-bender and now has deal with the car repair shop.
- To say “Happy Birthday” – to that friend who already is having a party with cake, but you wanted something just for her/him to be able to relax with over a coffee.
- To say “I Hope You Have A Speedy Recovery” – for that person who is recuperating and might need a bit of cheer.
- To say “Happy Housewarming” – for that new Homeowner who will certainly welcome a sweet treat at this busy time!
Order Your Cupcakes Now:
Everyone can pick up a dozen cupcakes at the grocery store… but if you Really Want To Impress at your next gathering …
Take a couple dozen of Favorite Sister Bakery cupcakes !!! YUM !!!
Check us out on our website: http://www.FavoriteSister.US
You’ll be Glad You Did. ;- )