Cupcakes have been around since the late 1700’s. The first mention of the cupcake can be traced as far back as 1796, when a recipe notation of “a cake to be baked in small cups” was written in American Cookery by Amelia Simms.
- Cupcakes were actually originally called “Number Cakes” or “1234 Cakes” because it was an easy way to remember portions…One cup of butter, two cups of sugar, three cups of flour, four eggs, one cup of milk, and one spoonful of soda.
- Original cupcake recipes were not frosted, and usually were usually just flavored with spices or dried fruit.
These and more Fun Facts about Cupcakes can be found at:
Now that you’re craving Cupcakes…
Contact Favorite Sister Bakery and Order Cupcakes for your Next Gathering…
… As if we REALLY need a reason… EVER… for a cupcake!! 😉
Here are our Top 5 Reasons To Give Someone A Cupcake (or a Dozen):
- To say “Thank You“- for doing that little something that person always does but never gets acknowledged for it. (the gal at the office who always makes that pot of coffee in the morning for the staff, even though she doesn’t drink it? )
- To say “I Hope You’re Having A Better Day Today” – for that guy who was late to the office yesterday because he was in a fender-bender and now has deal with the car repair shop.
- To say “Happy Birthday” – to that friend who already is having a party with cake, but you wanted something just for her/him to be able to relax with over a coffee.
- To say “I Hope You Have A Speedy Recovery” – for that person who is recuperating and might need a bit of cheer.
- To say “Happy Housewarming” – for that new Homeowner who will certainly welcome a sweet treat at this busy time!
Order Your Cupcakes Now:
Consider a Cookie Decorating Team Building Exercise! Not only will the participants be able to work together, test their skills, and have a bit of healthy competition… they will get to take home their beautiful finished products! (if there are any uneaten by that time)
Contact Favorite Sister Bakery to discuss your Team Building Event:
& on Instagram: FavoriteSisterBakery
Everyone can pick up a dozen cupcakes at the grocery store… but if you Really Want To Impress at your next gathering …
Take a couple dozen of Favorite Sister Bakery cupcakes !!! YUM !!!
Check us out on our website: http://www.FavoriteSister.US
You’ll be Glad You Did. ;- )
Help your child explore the creative world of the arts. – Host a Cookie Decorating Party from Favorite Sister Bakery… it will not only “… help children develop in a litany of ways by building critical thinking skills, strengthening problem-solving abilities, stimulating imagination and more…” * but you’ll be the Coolest Parent in the Neighborhood !!!
Cookie Decorating Parties by Favorite Sister Bakery: http://www.FavoriteSister.US